On the occasion of the first edition of the EVE Program in Africa which will take place in Dakar from December 12th to 14th, we organized a Twitter Chat on thursday, October 26th on: “Women’s leadership in Africa: an engine for future growth?” a real issue in Africa since this continent has one of the youngest populations in the world and is set to be a powerful economy in the future.
What were the objectives of this Twitter Chat?
During this debate, we discussed:
- The question of harnessing the potential of women’s leadership within the business world in Africa today
- How Africa’s rapid digital transformation can be driven by women leaders to be a source of empowerment
- How governments, businesses and civil society can work together to ensure that economic growth is more inclusive
- Suggestions for initiatives on the continent that have contributed to economic growth through the promotion of women’s leadership
Which experts were leading this debate?
- Sandi Chimpala (@sandichimpala), Writer and Blogger, TechTrends, Zambia
- Leanne Dlamini (@iamleannemusic), Founder, End Girl Hate, South Africa
- Natasha Phiri, (@media365Zambia), Founder, Media 365, Zambia
- Judith Owigar (@owigarj), Co-Founder, AkiraChix, Kenya
- Abisoye Ajayi (@AbisoyeAjayi), Co-Founder, GirlsCoding, Nigeria
- Inimfon Etuk (@IninfomEtuk) Founder and Chairperson, She Forum Africa, Nigeria
- Phyllis Wakiaga, @wakiaga_phyllis, CEO Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM), Kenya
- Eyitemi Popo (@AyibaMagazine), Founder, Ayiba Magazine
- Marie Donzel (@LaDonzelle), Founder of Donzel & Cie, Consultant, Journalist
- Roba Hafez, Planning Team, responsible for promoting Gender Equality in Orange Egypt
- Juliet ‘Kego ((@julietkego), Co-Founder, WholeWoman Network
You’ve missed it? Relive the debate!
To discover all the tweets shared by the experts during this Twitter Chat click below:
Incidentally, what is a Twitter chat?
To refresh your memories, it’s a debate organized on a specific theme, during which participants answer questions from a moderator (EVE Program) using a predefined hashtag (#EVE2017). EVE Program followers (that’s you), can join in with the conversation by asking questions or answering the guests. To take a look at the latest Twitter Chats on the themes of the glass ceiling and mentoring, see the Storify feeds by clicking here.